Friday, October 12, 2007

A TRIP TO AUSTRALIA

I recently travel to Australia. Usually I would stay in Sydney, but this time I was fortunate enough to travel North, where my friend Peter has a beautiful hilltop house, overlooking the river and the ocean. After picking me up from the airport we stopped for tea and cakes at an old butter factory, turned into a coffee shop. Discussing the various breads and cakes with the waitress, she recommended a place to buy Macadamia nut bread in a bakery in the middle of the bush. We took off on a mission to find this extraordinary bread. We found it, but unfortunately the bread was made only on Thursdays. We were a day too early. Driving home we stopped at the beach.






I forgot how much I missed the Aussie beaches where the sand is untouched, unspoiled, it's so perfect it looks like velvet, yet full of surprises as we came across holes made by the smallest crabs. By digging out the sand they create elaborate designs like the one you see here. It looks like a seagull.






As we arrive at the house I am welcomed by Skippy, the bush kangaroo. But he hopped away before I could take a picture. He was back in the morning for breakfast with his entire family. Look in the middle of the picture to see them. Together with the spectacular views from the house it was a sweet Australian awakening




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Fabulous trip !! I want to go!